Coming out of hibernation
It was a lovely break, and I needed it! Thanks for being patient with me. I spent the past two months creatively BLANK. I petted the cats and watched TV and shopped and wrapped presents. I told myself I’d do something creative. I did nothing creative.
I think conversations with creative people helps trigger my own creativity.
In that light, let’s try kicking things off with a bit of philosophy:
What is wisdom?
Try to define it in your own words, without resorting to synonyms for wisdom (judgment, knowledge, etc). I’m curious about people’s personal twists on this.
My definition is below.
- The ability to be happy in a civilization
- The ability to make the kindest actions regardless of outside pressures
- The ability to make crueler actions for the greater good
- Tempering every action with love
- Tempering love with sanity
- The ability to be emotionally and situationally balanced, or to regain it quickly
What was your definition?